Diabetes can be a harmful disease that affects anyone at any age but through proper education and change in lifestyle, diabetes can be eliminated and that’s what social media management professional and friend, George “Urban Jibaro” Torres of Sofrito for Your Soul, is doing. By using social media to spread the word through the Latino community instead of traditional media, members of local communities can become more actively engaged in this movement which will hopefully spread nationwide, this is both very effective and efficient.
Using #PorTuFamilia on Twitter to help promote diabetes prevention, individuals can participate by providing tips on healthy eating, exercise and diabetes information not only on Twitter but also on Facebook, blogs, YouTube and every other social platform to get the message across. This will eventually lead to the upcoming event of Feria de Salud on August 17th in the Bronx, NY, where medical exams will take place as well as celebrity guest appearances, music, games and cooking workshops.
For more information, please check out the website and help spread the word that diabetes can be prevented and if you’re in the Bronx, check out the fair!
- Telcare’s Diabetes Pal App 2.0 Released with Withings and… (prweb.com)
- Just The Call To Action – #PorTuFamilia (sofritoforyoursoul.com)
- Latino Greeks – We Need Your Time & Energy! #PorTuFamilia (sofritoforyoursoul.com)
- Kids Are Really Stepping it Up To Teach Other Kids About Type 2 Diabetes (sofritoforyoursoul.com)
- How to Cure Diabetes | “7 Steps To Health” Teaches People How to Get… (prweb.com)
- touchENDOCRINOLOGY, the Provider of Peer-reviewed, Multimedia Content from World Renowned Physicians, Profile Their Re-launched Website and Latest Journal at the ADA 2013 (prweb.com)
- Thin People Get Diabetes Too, Study (asianscientist.com)
- 5 Big Causes of Diabetes in Children (epicahealth.com)
- How walking to work could reduce your risk of diabetes: People who ditch the car are 40 per cent less likely to develop the disease (dailymail.co.uk)