I first started getting into Hispanic market research when I was taking Latin American classes focusing on Latinos and popular culture about two years ago at one of my graduate classes. In fact, my final project for the class was the idea of Latinos using multimedia to express their Latino culture. From there I really got into studying Hispanic culture and how it is being communicated through various media platforms. Still, I felt that there is more content out there that I wasn’t aware of outside of academia and sure enough I found content relevant to my studies from more experienced professionals online and through their own blogs. I began curating and disseminating information as well as collaborating with Hispanic professionals, exchanging ideas and discussing issues revolving around our research into Hispanic marketing through Twitter and Facebook.
Just recently, I was very honored to be listed as one of the 10 Latino Bloggers You Should Follow on Twitter on Andy Checo’s blog. Andy Checo is an online colleague with whom we exchange ideas with others through Twitter, particularly within the #latism Twitter group. He’s also a public relations professional specializing in the US Hispanic market. I saw the other top nine that he listed and I follow them as well for Hispanic marketing content. Andy also listed is own Top 10 Latina Bloggers You Should Follow on Twitter post as well. Of course, there are many others out there and if you have some that you follow please post it here or on Andy’s blog. Gathering Hispanic marketing intelligence is a challenge but through online collaboration and discussions with others within the field, you get the information you need for your own Hispanic marketing campaigns while at the same time build a social intelligence network for you to always go to bounce off your ideas or if you run into a problem you can’t solve on your own.
- DIÁLOGO Wins the LATISM Best California PR Agency Using Social Media to Reach … – My Latino Voice (news.google.com)
- ImpreMedia Launches New Hispanic Market Blog (eon.businesswire.com)
- Guitar Center ‘Picks’ Creative Civilization (eon.businesswire.com)
- The Latinum Network Announces its First Multidimensional Cohort to Uncover Latina Mom Insights (prweb.com)
- Hispanic media influence grows in election year (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Break Media Targets Hispanic Males with Launch of TuVez.com (eon.businesswire.com)
- The 25 Most Influential Hispanics in America (time.com)