The book, Content Strategy for the Web 2nd Edition, is written by Kristina Halvorson & Melissa Rach of Brain Traffic. This book is an excellent resource to prepare for any online content strategy from the ground up. It’s very easy to read like meeting with one of the authors at a local seminar or conference so you wouldn’t be confused with any technical wording.
I like how the book offers questions of self-reflection for the reader so he or she can be inspired for content ideas. I think case studies are really important because it shows proof that the process works and this book contains several per chapter.
Content strategy is an important process and this book offers a very illustrative guide to from the initial brainstorming, the structuring, the production and finally the release. Online strategy is ongoing and so you always have to make improvements, revisions and updates and so the book stresses the importance of organization and documentation.
I highly recommend the book for those who want to get into content strategy and also as an academic textbook. The book is available on Amazon.
- Interview with Content Strategist Kristina Halvorson (distilled.net)
- Embracing Your Role as a Change Agent – Content Strategy Forum 2012 (slideshare.net)
- Content Quality: A Practical Approach to Content Analysis (contentmarketinginstitute.com)
- 22 Must-Read Books for Content Marketers (contentmarketinginstitute.com)
- Why I teach Content Strategy in Information Architecture (slideshare.net)
- Big Web Show 78: Bloomstein on content strategy (zeldman.com)
- Creating Passionate Users Begins with Good Content (spin.atomicobject.com)
- 5 Reasons Why Companies Are Challenged by Content Creation & How to Fix (toprankblog.com)
- Book tip: Content strategies for the web (internationalwebsites.wordpress.com)