Social networks are a perfect platform for families to get together to share their emotional experiences as their loved ones served the US military all over the globe. Social networks keep each other informed of what’s happening overseas, provide one another emotional support or set up special events and gatherings. A co-worker of mine happened to mention a military support group that her mother was involved in and of course thanks to online media I like to help spread the message about this great group.
The South Washington County Military Support Group is a group of 10 families that support every branch of the US military. As I mentioned earlier these families come together for morale boosting and promote the awareness of how important it is to never forget our military servicemen and servicewomen.
Right now, this wonderful support group is inviting families to particiapate in the 2012 Holiday Card Drive for the military who are serving in the mIddles East. You can send not only cards but also food and personal items that our military need to help them through the day. The important thing is that they need to know that we love them and we haven’t forgotten about them and their service to this country.
If you want more information contact Lynn Jones:
If you know of any other support group aside from the military families, please post it on the comments.
- Coping with Dementia: Joining Dementia Support Groups (assistedlivingtoday.com)
- Support Groups for Metastatic Breast Cancer (everydayhealth.com)
- Indian Patient Foundation – Online Social Support Groups for People who Want to Share Their Health Experiences (prnewswire.com)
- 3 years after father’s unsolved slaying, Jacksonville victim advocate pushing for support group. (jacksonville.com)
- Support group at Scott AFB helps military widows (stripes.com)