If you are looking to further explore emerging media and social media, Northwestern University, located in Illinois, offers a PhD program that will give you that chance. The PhD degree in Media, Technology, and Society is a versatile program that will offer you opportunities to research on not only on how today’s online media functions but also the elements of interactivity, influence and sociology.
I visited their website and they offer various fields that are really exciting to study that may interest you as well in undergraduate and graduate levels. I contacted their admissions office to see if it’s possible to get a PhD through online classes but they didn’t offer it, however, if you are in Illinois or willing to move to get a in-depth education in emerging media than this school may be just for you.
- Ditches $500,000 salary to teach (cnn.com)
- Sounds Make Memories Stick During Sleep (scienceblog.com)
- News reporting algorithms under development in US (newstatesman.com)
- The Long-Haul Degree (nytimes.com)
- Advice for Prospective Doctoral Students (mako.cc)